I made these recently and posted a reel on my Instagram making them and everyone went crazy wanting the recipe so I thought I’d put it on the blog for y’all to find whenever you are wanting to make these delicious gooey hot chocolate cookies. They are so yummy and it’s literally hot chocolate in a cookie form because you use hot chocolate packets!
Hot Cocoa Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 packages hot cocoa mix – NOT SUGAR FREE
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Mallow Bits – not mini marshmallows
- Beat butter and sugars in a bowl with a standing mixer until light and fluffy then add in eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Slowly beat dry ingredients into the bowl with all the wet ingredients until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and mallow bits. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Drop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
- Don’t use mini marshmallows as they will melt and become very sticky. Mallow Bits can be found on Amazon. Don’t use the sugar free version of hot cocoa mix.
It’s a simple recipe yet makes some delicious cookies. I ended up making less than the recipe calls for because the kids wanted to help drop the dough balls onto the baking sheet so they became very, very large but nonetheless they were so good. Pair it with a cup of hot chocolate or a big glass of milk and you’ve got the makings of a good night.