This year was the first year I tried out the Starbucks Cranberry Bliss bar. I had to find out what all the fuss was about and let me just say, I get it now. I was so sad that I only got to get it twice before they completely sold out of it. Definitely a crowd pleaser during their winter menu! I found this recipe to make copycat bliss bars and I had to recreate them to satisfy my craving for one! Now I can make my Sugar Cookie Latte and Cranberry Bliss Bars at home. Starbucks who? IM KIDDING! I will still go there religiously.
Let’s jump into the real reason you clicked on this post! For that recipe.
Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
1 cup unsalted butter, melted (I used the salted one and just left out the salt)
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp orange extract
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt (or leave this out if your butter is salted)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/4 cup white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Add in eggs and extracts, beating until combined.
- Add in ginger, baking powder, salt, and flour. Beat until just blended. Be sure not to over mix! Foil in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Spread evenly into baking dish and place in oven for 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and cool completely before frosting. We don’t want the frosting to melt!
- Let’s make the frosting now! Beat together cream cheese with powdered sugar for 3 minutes until creamy. Add in extracts and beat an additional 2-3 minutes. Spread over cooled bars and sprinkle with chopped cranberries.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over bars. Refrigerate for about an hour before slicing and serving.
Some quick questions you might have would be how long do these bars last and can I freeze them? Simple answer is that they will last you 3 days in the fridge as long as they are kept in an air tight container. Now, if you’re anything like me and you are just flat out obsessed with these bars you are going to probably not even last 3 days. Breakfast? Cranberry bar. Snack? Cranberry bar. Dinner? Cranberry bar. As far as freezing them, yes you can and they will last you about 2 months in the freezer. Just take them out and thaw overnight in the fridge when you are ready to eat. So you essentially could make these in October and freeze them and take out end of November to enjoy all of December!
These are definitely a treat you are sure to want to make again and if you are like me, you also make Starbucks coffee at home with your Nespresso so it’s like having a Starbucks right in your own home and never having to wait in a drive thru line or hear that they are out of your favorites! Currently, I’m writing this and enjoying my at home Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte and eating my copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars. It’s a good day!