With the way things are right now, Valentine’s Day will probably be spent at home for most couples. Personally, I tend to like that better because you’re able to be in the comfort of your own home with zero distractions of the outside world and just spend time with your significant other.
The possibilities are endless as well when you chose to do an at home date! You can literally do just about anything. From ordering take out to cuddling up on the couch together with a movie. I’m going to list some ideas for you below!
Now let’s get more in depth on these general ideas
- Cook dinner together – this is the perfect opportunity to show off your cooking skills or to try out a new recipe together. Usually some grocery stores have a “meal in a bag” type thing and you can grab that for dinner. Dinner is a great time to have that meaningful conversation too. Talk about your future, your fears, dreams, etc. with your significant other.
- Cuddle up – this is perfect for after dinner or during if you’re that type of couple who likes to watch a movie and eat. Rent a movie from a streaming service or find one on Netflix that you both can enjoy and sit back and relax. Big chunky blankets are a MUST here.
- Play a game – I personally love the Tabletopics game for this type of date night but of course, you can play anything!
- Backyard picnic – grab your favorite blankets and head out back for a picnic under the stars! Once done with your dinner, start a fire and make some s’mores together. Perfect time to cuddle up as well.
- Fondue for two – you can snag a fondue kit on Amazon for a decent price or maybe even find one in stores like Michael’s or Joann’s. Get some cheese, fruit, nuts, etc. to dip in chocolate or cheese depending on your preference and enjoy!
- Create an at-home spa – get out the spa foot machines, give each other massages, even see if your significant other will give you a facial!
- Order takeout – sometimes just ordering some takeout and is the best. Share a big smorgasbord together of different take-out! Great way to get one of everything you all enjoy.
- Nerf gun war – this is my favorite! You get mini nerf guns at the Dollar Tree and just chase each other around with them. Such a fun way to enjoy each others company and create some memories.
Date night at home can be such a fun time and give you the ability to really connect with your partner.
Want the Valentine’s date night at home list for yourself at home? Enter your email to right and you’ll be sent the password to access my free resource library which has SVG’s, printable checklists, coloring pages, and more. Then come back here and click the link below!
I’ve teamed up with other bloggers to bring more date night at home ideas! Be sure to check out all their blog posts for ideas to keep date night going at home!