Cheese balls are probably one of my favorite things to eat as an appetizer because they are just so simple yet delicious. I found this recipe recently and made it for our little New Years Eve get together at home and everyone just absolutely loved it.
Here’s what you will need:
Easy Cheese Ball
- 8 OZ Bacon, chopped I used the already pre-chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 16 OZ Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1 1/4 Cup Mild Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, chopped and divided
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped and divided
- 3 TBSP Ranch Dressing, dry
- 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1/4 TSP Ground Black Pepper
- In a bowl, combine 3/4 of the bacon, sour cream, mexican cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, 3 tbsp green onion, 1/4 cup of the walnuts, ranch dressing, ranch dressing, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Take the remaining bacon, cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp of the green onion, and 1/4 cup of the walnuts. Mix together. Then spread it out in the bowl
- Form a ball with the cheese mixture to roll it into the dry ingredient mixture to coat the outside of the cheese ball fully.
- Serve right away or cover and place in the fridge.
Place onto a serving plate with some clubhouse crackers and let everyone go to town! It’s sure to be a hit at the next get together.