Cheese balls are probably one of my favorite things to eat as an appetizer because they are just so simple yet delicious. I found this recipe recently and made it for our little New Years Eve get together at home and everyone just absolutely loved it.
Here’s what you will need:
Easy Cheese Ball
- 8 OZ Bacon, chopped (I used the already pre-chopped )
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 16 OZ Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1 1/4 Cup Mild Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, chopped and divided
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped and divided
- 3 TBSP Ranch Dressing, dry
- 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1/4 TSP Ground Black Pepper
In a bowl, combine 3/4 of the bacon, sour cream, mexican cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, 3 tbsp green onion, 1/4 cup of the walnuts, ranch dressing, ranch dressing, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
Take the remaining bacon, cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp of the green onion, and 1/4 cup of the walnuts. Mix together. Then spread it out in the bowl
Form a ball with the cheese mixture to roll it into the dry ingredient mixture to coat the outside of the cheese ball fully.
Serve right away or cover and place in the fridge.
Place onto a serving plate with some clubhouse crackers and let everyone go to town! It’s sure to be a hit at the next get together.