Slime is king these days and our house is certainly no exception to that! I put aside my better mom feelings on the whole thing and decided to let the kids make some Grinch slime because it’s the holidays so why not!
I do have to say, we had a ton of fun and it was pretty simple. The glitter is real with this one y’all so be prepared to dump just about the whole bottle in it.
Let’s start with what you’ll need!
- Air Tight Container
- Mixing Bowl
- 5 OZ Elmer's Clear Glue
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TBSP Contact Solution
- Green Food Coloring
- Green Glitter
- 1 Red Heart (you can get this at any craft store)
- Measure out 5 oz of glue and pour it into a bowl
- Add in 1/2 cup of water
- Add in green food coloring and mix well
- Add in 1/2 TSP baking soda. Mix.
- ADD IN THAT GLITTER
- Add in 1 TBSP contact solution. This is where the slime will begin to harden. It will be sticky but just keep stirring and it'll begin to form.
- Knead with hands until it reaches slime texture. Add in more contact solution as necessary until it becomes slime.
We all know that the Grinch’s heart grows three sizes so add in that cute little heart charm for that finishing touch!
Very simple and it’s one the kids are sure to love playing with. Enjoy some photos of my kiddos making and playing with their Grinch slime!