There’s nothing like cozying up to a movie night with some popcorn and that’s exactly what we did BUT we made it a fun Christmas themed treat. This little treat was extremely quick to make and I threw it in some festive cups and it was a total hit!
The ingredients you will need is super simple:
- 10 Cups Popcorn – popped (no kernels)
- 3 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 3 TBSP Butter
- Mini M&M's
- Pop the popcorn and make sure to remove all unpopped kernels from the bag.
- Lay popcorn spread out on a cookie sheet. I lined mine with aluminum foil but you can use parchment paper or a divider. This is to keep it easy to remove.
- In a pot, melt butter. Once butter is melted then add in the marshmallows stirring consistently. When the last marshmallow has melted, turn the heat off.
- Pour mixture over popcorn. Then mix the popcorn and marshmallow mixture together, folding it over and over until all the popcorn has been coated.
- Now for the fun! Add in sprinkles, M&M's, whatever else you want. But do it quickly so that they can stick to the marshmallow.
- Allow to cool. Once it's not super sticky and fully cooled, break up.
The kids just loved having something to snack on that was festive themed while we watched our favorite Christmas Movie, The Polar Express. The Christmas magic was surely alive.