Christmas cookies are certainly the best cookies and these are definitely no exception to that! I whipped up some Christmas Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies to take this past weekend to our immediate family’s little get together Flannel & Frost and they were an absolute HIT! Ooey and gooey don’t even begin to describe how delicious these were and definitely festive too!
Let’s start with the basics and here is what you will need!
Christmas Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Egg
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Sprinkles divided
- 1/2 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- Cream together butter and cream cheese
- Add in egg and vanilla. Beat until combined
- Beat in the cake mix until blended well. Add in 1/4 cup of sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight
After One Hour (or next day)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Scoop out round tablespoons of cookie dough. Roll into 1-inch ball.
- Sprinkle ball with sprinkles and then roll into confectioner's sugar until completely covered.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow them to cool for 2 minutes until transferring them to wire rack to cool completely.
A bit of a more complex Christmas cookie recipe but the outcome is beyond delicious! I could not keep my littles hands off the wire rack when I was baking them. The smell filled the house and it certainly felt like Christmas since it was also a crisp 40 degrees outside in Florida. Does not get much more Christmasy than that for us in Florida!