Everyone remembers shaking up that snow globe at a family members house just to watch the snow fall over a pretty scenery or winding them ups make them play a beautiful Christmas carol. Well, these don’t sing to you but they sure are great for kids sensory play so that they won’t touch those precious snow globes that may have been in the family for years!
This is also great for a “time out” activity as well. Whenever your child may need a time out after displaying some not acceptable behavior, just have them shake this and tell them they can watch the snow fall and it is a great way to calm them down. Works wonders for my son!
Here’s what you will need!
Waterless Snow Globe
- Plastic Mason Jars (various sizes)
- Artificial Snow
- Assorted Mini Trees & Snowmen
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Spray Adhesive (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Glitter Spray Paint (white can also be used)
- Remove lids to mason jars and spray paint them with the white or glitter spray paint
- Spray the trees and snowmen with spray adhesive and sprinkle with glitter (optional)
- Hot glue the trees and snowmen to the lid and glue the canning lids together
- Fill the bottom of the jar with snow. Not a lot because you don't wanna cover them just enough to make it flurry.
- Screw the lids on to the jar and let it snow!
Perfect sensory toy complete! They also make super cute decorations.
I’ve teamed up with some ladies to bring you all kinds of fun seasonal craft ideas! Check them out below: