Breast-feeding is a huge part of my life and I have been doing it for almost 3 years if you include my son who I nursed for 13 months. Gracelyn will be 2 in January and she is still going strong! I never imagined that I would be breastfeeding my toddler but I love the bond that I have with her and those 20 minutes that she needs of just her and I time, forces me to slow down and take in every single inch of her body because one day she won’t want me as much anymore. One day she won’t be a baby anymore so I soak it all up!
This guide is for breastfeeding moms who maybe wanna grab a few things for themself this Christmas. Maybe they are a new mom who is just starting their breastfeeding journey or maybe they will be giving birth after Christmas and wanna hint to the husband and family that these would be great gifts. Either way, this is the guide for you!
- Spectra S2 Breast Pump – pumping is essential for breastfeeding moms. Whether you chose to only pump due to preference or circumstances or you wanna have dad/family members feed the baby so you can grab a hot shower, it’s a must. This pump has been a ride or die for me and is the only pump that I was able to get the most milk out of my breasts. It’s hospital strength and completely worth the price tag. Also, some insurances cover breast pumps! $159
- Lansinoh Nipple Cream – I’m just gonna get real here and say that you are definitely going to want this. It’s a huge possibility that you will get cracked nipples and it’s painful. I’m not gonna lie. This nipple cream is EXACTLY what you need. Best part is that it can double for baby as well if they have any dry, cracked skin. It’s safe for mom and baby as it’s natural, plant-based and 100% USDA Certified Organic. $12
- Boppy Nursing Pillow – this is the best nursing pillow in my opinion and all of the cover possibilities makes it easy for you to match it to your baby’s nursery theme. $39.99
- Nursing Bra – this one you can get from anywhere including Amazon and is one that requires trial and error for what is best for you and your body. I will say, tight clothing will hinder flow so try to stay away from a bra that could be too tight. I personally love the brand linked. Nursing friendly clothing is a must whether it be tanks, easy to access tees, etc. PRICES VARY
- Nursing Cover – when out and about, if you do chose to use a nursing cover my recommendation is the kind that is a 5-in-1. You not only get a nursing cover out of it but you also get a high chair cover for when baby is older plus a shopping cart cover. Definitely a multi-use item. I love the brand linked as well as the Itzy Ritzy version. PRICES VARY
- LoveHeld Sling – a ring sling is seriously a life saver when you have a newborn and even when they are older. I still use one for Gracelyn and she’s almost 2! The LoveHeld brand is definitely one of my favorites. There are different types of slings and it takes some practice but once you get it down, it’s so easy and well worth the purchase. PRICES VARY
Breastfeeding can certainly be a scary, new world but trust your body and know that in the end…fed is best.