Royal Icing Recipe included
Christmas isn’t Christmas unless you bake some Christmas cookies and that’s exactly what we did!
No cookie making during the holiday season would be complete without some little helpers too.
Lets start with what you’ll need for the cookies!
No Chill Sugar Cookie
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix together butter and sugar until smooth
- Beat in egg and extracts
- In a seperate bowl, combine baking powder and flour. Add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. If dough becomes too hard to handle in bowl then remove and flour counter top and continue to knead there.
- No need to chill dough! Divide into workable sections and roll out on counter then cut using shapes.
- Bake for 6-8 mins allowing to cool enough to transfer.
No sugar cookie is complete without icing so of course, I had to whip up a batch of royal icing and frost them with my sweet babies as well.
For the icing, you’ll need the following below!
Easy Royal Icing
- Standing Mixer
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Warm Water
- 1/2 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla or Almond Extract
- Put powdered sugar in mixing bowl and set aside. In a smaller bowl, combine warm water, light corn syrup, and extract. Stir until corn syrup is dissolved.
- Add mixture to powdered sugar and stir until fully combined. Mixture will be thick. Add water by droplets if you think it is too thick. Too thin? Add powdered sugar.
- Use immeditely.