I have found that as my oldest has gotten older, it has been harder and harder to find things to gift to her or even to put in her stocking. It’s just one big question mark after another. While I wanna pretend like she’s still in the doll playing phase, she isn’t and so that leaves a whole lot of uncertain categories for me. I have complied this gift guide for those who have an older child in their life that they just don’t know what to get!
- Mega Mouth – such a cute game that really challenges your thinking as it’s a game of reading lips! It would be super cute to play as a family with your older kid or even for them whenever they have friends over! $19.99
- Rubik’s Christmas Tree Game – perfect stocking stuffer! This will get their brain working as it’s a spin on a very classic game. $8.99
- LOL Surprise! OMG Fashion Journal – perfect for that LOL Surprise! lover in your life. This journal comes with a real working watch that also unlocks it and plays a exclusive LOL song when it opens. Inside is everything you need to sketch, write, and become a true fashionista. $24.99
- LOL Surprise! OMG Winter Chill Big Wig Fashion Doll and Madame Queen – another must have for your LOL Surprise! lover. The new Winter Chill series comes with 25 surprises including the Madame Queen and her big sister Big Wig. There 4 different ones to choose from. $34.99
- Large Print Tile Lock Scrabble – no slip and sliding of tiles here with the new “tile lock” design! Another great game for your kiddos to play with the family or whenever they have friends over. $45.95
Definitely some great options for the older child in your life!
These are great ideas! I love the LOL dolls, they would be perfect!
Great ideas!! I actually think the Mega Mouth game is a great gift for our family! And thanks for letting me know about the LOL Fashion Journal! The perfect gift for my niece!!
I have been having a hard time with gifts for my older kids too! Thank you for posting these great ideas – it’s perfect timing!
Thanks for these ideas. I find the older kids get, the harder they are to shop for.
Great suggestions! I’ll have to take a look for my nieces soon. Thanks!
Mega Mouth sounds like a funny game! My kids are 8-10 years old. They are past toys, but not yet into teen stuff like clothes and make-up, so coming up with gifts can be hard. Thanks for the ideas!
Love that Scrabble is on this list! Such a classic, fun game!
I have older kids, and shopping can be so tough! It is good to have some ideas to get started with.
LOL dolls are some of my daughters favorite!
Life With Sonia
These are great ideas. My daughter love LOL! Surprise dolls.
This is great! I find it’s always easier to get gifts for little kids and harder to get ones for older kids.
Nice lists and I am sure my daughter would love to have a new set of scrabble. Thank you!
These are great ideas! I feel like kids get harder to shop for the older they get.
A Tile Lock Scrabble! No more messes all over when someone accidentally knocks the board – love it! We NEED that LOL…
Awesome ideas. This definitely helps with the gift giving process
I’ve never seen the Rubik’s cube tree before! I definitely want to find one of those for my son’s stocking this year
This list is really helpful as I am having a hard time looking for gifts for the older kids. The scrabble is a great idea. I am pretty sure the kids will love it. 🙂
Great ideas. As my niece and nephews get older I just don’t know what to get them. This is a helpful list to get the ideas flowing!
Mega Mouth is a fun family activity too so I’d definitely purchase this one and my niece loves LOL dolls. Thanks for all these ideas since Christmas is just around the corner and I’m finalizing my gifts list!
Sarah Miller - Homeschooling 4 Him
Tile lock scrabble is a great idea! This would be a fun game to take on a road trip!