Holidays are huge in our home and are always celebrated to the max so, food is always at the center of our many family gatherings. A couple years ago, I made this delicious recipe and since then it’s been the number one requested dessert during the Thanksgiving season making it my top favorite dessert to make! It’s full of pumpkin spice and all the deliciousness that you would expect for a pumpkin dessert. If you have some people in your family who aren’t pie people but love cakes then this is one the they are gonna devour!
Let’s get started with what you will need! Just a few simple baking ingredients along with measuring cups, mixing bowls, a baking dish and of course something to mix up the pumpkin mixture!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree (not filling)
- 2 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 TSP Cinnamon
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Can Evaporated Milk
- Walnuts or Pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Pour the cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture evenly.
- Melt the butter and then pour on top of the cake mix. This is where you can add the chopped walnuts or pecans if you chose to.
- Put into the oven and bake for 1 hour
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting. Serve with whipped cream on top or ice cream!
There you have it! Super simple yet so delicious and screams Fall and all things pumpkin spice! The perfect dessert to have after a delicious Thanksgiving dinner or even during a Fall party! It’s definitely a hit in our home! The kids love to eat it with whipped cream on top like a traditional pumpkin pie while I am partial to a little vanilla ice cream on the side. Something about the hot and cold mixture is just my absolute favorite!
I’ve connected with some amazing Bloggers to share some blogs featuring Turkey Day. Recipes, traditions, decorations, favorites and more! Head Head to each of their blogs to check out what they are sharing.