For the last few months, I’ve been meal prepping all my meals and it’s helped me on my weight loss journey tremendously and I’m less likely to over eat because I tell myself I’m only allowed a certain amount of things. However, it’s taken me quite a few tries to find meals and recipes that I love. But this one I’m about to share with you, is my all time favorite. If I could eat it for lunch and dinner, I totally would!
It’s a super simple recipe and pretty quick to make! To start you’ll need the following:
- 1 lb of Ground Chicken
- Frontera Fajita Mix
- 3 bell peppers
- Jasmine Rice
- Herdez Guacamole Salsa (optional)
- Fat Free Mozarella Cheese (optional)
See not a lot of ingredients and the steps to prepare are just as simple!
- Take ground chicken and put it in skillet on medium heat. No oil or anything necessary to cook it in.
2. While chicken is cooking, slice bell peppers like so and leave to the side so you can prepare the jasmine rice
3. Then while the chicken is still cooking as well as the rice, begin to cut up peppers. I cut mine very small so that I can make a cup of veggies out of the bell peppers since that’s what my meal plan calls for.
4. Chicken should be done by the time you’re done cutting up the peppers so I turn the heat to a simmer, drain whatever oil is in the pan, and then add the chicken back to the pan and pour on the Frontera mix. I only add half the bag and save the rest.
5. I let that simmer for a few just so the juice really gets soaked into the chicken. Rice should be done by now as well (i follow the instructions on the back of the bag for the rice). So I just turn the rice off and move it to the counter to cool down.
6. Once the chicken has cooked for a couple minutes in the sauce and I’ve taken the rice off the burner, I then move the chicken to the bowl for the week. I preportion my meals so for me it’s a 1/4 cup of chicken. Once that is done, I’ll throw the bell peppers into the same pan the chicken was in so that they can get a bit of the frontera sauce on them.
7. That usually doesn’t take too long to just soften them up a tad and then I take it off the burner and over to the meal containers along with the rice. 1/2 cup of rice and 1 cup of veggies go in.
That’s it! The meal is then covered and put in the fridge for the week. Usually when I take it out to eat, I add a couple teaspoons of the Herdez Guacamole Salsa and a sprinkle of fat free Mozzarella cheese. To make it like a fajita bowl minus the tortilla!
Like I said before, this is one of my favorite meals to make for the week! It’s got just the right amount of spice and I’m able to get that Mexican flavor I love so much without a tortilla. Let me know if you try this delicious meal out for yourself!